Equity isn’t about equal supports; it’s about understanding that in order to have the same view at the game, different folks need different-sized seats.
We are launching defy initiative -
by offering Dear Burnout, RETREAT scholarships covering the FULL cost of the retreat ticket to make wellness-focused, professional development defy experiences more affordable and inclusive for underrepresented populations in ABA.
Application and Nomination Eligibility:
- Women and non-binary RBTs, aspiring BCBAs, BCaBAs, BCBAs, and BCBA-Ds who are underrepresented in race, ethnicity, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation across the world.
- Please understand, that while defy is working towards becoming a resource, bridge, and community for all populations in our field, this event is focused solely on meeting the needs of women and non-binary individuals in ABA. We, however, welcome all populations to become defy members and access all of our development tools and resources that are intended for all populations.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the nomination and application submissions’ expression of the individual’s:
- appreciation for authentic connection;
- commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- need of community and support;
- and contribution to practicing ABA with a human-first, balanced approach.
- All awarded scholarships will cover the COMPLETE cost of the Burnout Retreat Ticket, some will cover hotel accommodations, and all individuals will be responsible for travel/airfare expenses. Differentiated scholarships will be awarded in an attempt to foster equity amongst differentiated needs.
If selected, your seat will remain open until the retreat fills up. Early bird gets the worm!
RBT/Student/BCBA Retreat Scholarship
Submit an application for yourself or nominate a friend that you think deserves to receive a ticket and/or covered-accommodations to the defy retreat. Please read guidelines and selection considerations above.
Want to sponsor someone for the Dear Burnout Retreat?
Sponsor an RBT/Student/BCBA who you know deserves to experience the Dear Burnout Retreat or provide a scholarship to a defy community member that we select and give them a jumpstart on long-term success and balance in ABA and the experience of a lifetime. 💫
As a sponsor you will be given recognition and showcased on the defy website. Sponsorships may also be anonymous upon request.Become A Sponsor